The City of Thunder Bay has announced the schedule for the 2019 Live on the Waterfront concert series, which includes both local and Canadian acts, as well as a group from England. The event will also see many Juno Award and Polaris Music Prize nominees and winners hit the stage. With artists ranging in genre from folk to funk to electropop, the lineup is sure to have something for everyone.
Since its inception, Live on the Waterfront has caught the eye of the Festival & Events Ontario Achievement Awards, making their ‘Top 100 Ontario Festivals & Events’ list twice. The event has also received the Best New Festival/Event Achievement Award in 2018, Best Promotional Campaign in 2019, and Sponsor of the Year in 2017 and 2019.
New to Live on the Waterfront this year will be an exciting interactive component courtesy of Choir! Choir! Choir!, a duo known for their unique mix of singing, comedy, and audience participation. Upon arrival to the final show of the 2019 season, audiences will receive a lyric sheet and will be encouraged to get involved in the performance.
“We’re keeping the momentum going with this year’s Live on the Waterfront lineup by including amazing talent and taking it to the next level by adding an interactive element that will have everyone ending the season feeling great,” says Louisa Costanzo, Cultural Development & Events Supervisor. “We are excited about the caliber of this year’s lineup and look forward to seeing everyone at Marina Park every Wednesday this summer.”
The 2019 Live on the Waterfront lineup features:
- July 10: Hawksley Workman, The Young’Uns, Tourist Bureau
- July 17: Basia Bulat, Greenbank, Tennyson King
- July 24: My Son the Hurricane, House Handshake, Cold Lake Sun
- July 31: Jeremy Dutcher
- August 7: William Prince, Jean-Paul De Roover, Noah Derksen
- August 14: Jade Eagleson, The Redhill Valleys, Chris Talarico
- August 21: The Treble, Goodnight, Sunrise, Kutch
- August 28: Choir! Choir! Choir!, Thunder Bay World Dance Collective