The City of Thunder Bay is pleased to announce the film lineup for the Movie Nights in the Park Late Night Series, which will run Friday nights from May 16-30, at Prince Arthur’s Landing.
The Late Night Series screening schedule will be as follows:
· Friday, May 16 – Thor: The Dark World
· Friday, May 23 – Ghostbusters
· Friday, May 30 – Divergent
The films were selected with input from Thunder Bay residents, who were asked to choose their favourite films in an online survey hosted by the City in April. The event is being sponsored by Thunder Bay Credit Unions.
“The survey received nearly 800 responses,” said Doug Henry, Event Supervisor – Recreation & Culture Division. “We’d like to thank everyone who participated – we’ve got a great film lineup for the Late Night Series. It’s exciting to see such a great community response to this event, and we’re looking forward to another great Film Series starting on May 16.”
Also this year, a short film by a local filmmaker will screen before each feature:
· Friday, May 16 – Back 2 the Mac’s, submitted by Definitely Superior Art Gallery and produced by the North Light Media Collective
· Friday, May 23 – The Lighthouse Trail, produced by Paul Morralee and Morvision
· Friday, May 30 – The Storyboard, by Flash Frame Film and Video Network
Admission is free, and the films will begin after sunset, once it is dark (around 9:30 pm). Moviegoers are encouraged to get to Prince Arthur’s Landing early to secure a spot, bring a lawn chair or blanket, and warm clothing. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Alcohol is not permitted.
The City of Thunder Bay will also run a Movie Nights in the Park Family Series in August and September. Public voting on the Family Series lineup will take place in July.
For more information, visit www.thunderbay.ca/movienights or the Culture and Events Thunder Bay page on Facebook.