This two-day hockey celebration gets underway at noon on Saturday, January 2 at Prince Arthur’s Landing and concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Ottawa Senators vs. the Chicago Blackhawks, with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet, alongside co-host Tara Slone.
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature several new games, activities, live local entertainment and food options for the whole family, including:
- Unique interactive experiences inside the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tent
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room – featuring meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under
- The Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge as well as a chance to win a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association
- Sportsnet Be a Broadcaster – call an NHL game highlight reel alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
- Playmobil KidsZone with new Playmobil NHL hockey toys, face painting, Sportsnet Magazine cover shoot and sign-making
- McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink including pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, personalized hockey cards, as well as free McCafé® brewed coffee on site
- Free hot chocolate inside The Lodge, with a warming lounge and Adirondack chairs to escape the cold
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Thunder Bay, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Thunder Bay on January 2 & 3. The winning team in each town will then be in the running to win the trip of a lifetime, including: a trip to an NHL game, VIP Game Day Experience, and perform their team cheer in an NHL dressing room. For full contest details visit hometownhockey.com