Celebrate Canada Day on the Waterfront!
Programming runs from 5-11 pm, closing with Thunder Bay’s biggest fireworks display.
Some of the activities you’ll find at Canada Day on the Waterfront in 2016:
- Fantastic performances on four stages – including Mainstage Headliners Poor Angus, featuring local fiddler Andrew Bryan!
- Try canoeing, kayaking or dragon boating with Lakehead Canoe Club and Wilderness Supply Co.
- Drumming Circle with Music Workshop – try hand drumming
- Blue Sky Community Healing Centre will be Lighting the Sacred Fire and leading a Sharing Circle with Pipe Ceremony at the Spirit Garden Firepit, between 6 and 7 pm. All are welcome to participate, come, share and learn!
- Get your geek on with ThunderCon in and around the Baggage Building Arts Centre
- Try activities for kids and teens with City of Thunder Bay Children & Youth Program Staff
- Take a keepsake picture with your friends at the free Photo Booth
- Cool off at the Splash Pad
Please note that Marina Park will be closed to vehicle traffic on Canada Day. Free parking will be available at the Court Street Parkade (18 N. Court Street) and free shuttle busses will be running from the Intercity Mall and the Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre (400 River Street) from 4:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.